Casual Box Office Assistant
Join the team at the Harlequin Theatre and Cinema!
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit enthusiastic casual box office assistants to join our friendly Front of House team at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema.
As a casual box office assistant, you will provide a full box office service which includes tasks such as processing ticket sales on a computerised box office system, dealing with general enquiries, and acting as a reception for the cinema and theatre.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Fantastic customer service skills;
• The ability to work in a fast paced environment;
• Previous sales experience is preferable; and,
• Alignment with our expected organisational behaviours which are to be Positive, Supportive, Flexible and Innovative.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Katie Leitch, Front of House Supervisor, on 01737 276833 or email Katie.Leitch@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit enthusiastic casual technicians to join our multi-skilled technical department based at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema.
The successful candidate will need:
• Previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate functions;
• Knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to: stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection.
• Knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical safety and Working at Height;
• A flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position.
• A desire to learn and a proactive approach to work.
You’ll be deploying your skills across a range of tasks that include:
• Working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production, ensuring a professional standard of show and high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events;
• Attending meetings- both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager or Technical Stage Managers.
• Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations.
• Assisting with Emergency evacuations
For an informal discussion about our casual technician requirements, please call Rod Henderson or Jennifer Allum, Technical Stage Managers, on 01737 276442 or 01737 276590 or email the technical team at email@example.com
Closing date: 31 May 2019
The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema is an all purpose entertainment venue, hosting a wide range of events including music, stand-up comedy, film, drama, exhibitions and conferences.
If you are interested in applying then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council is committed to equality and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all racial origins but are only able to consider applications from persons already eligible to work in the UK.
Please supply two referees with your application in the relevant sections with up to date contact information as we are unable to process your application without these.